To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates creating new search folders, searching for items in messages, tasks, contacts, or calendars, searching by using advanced find, and searching by folder.
- [Instructor] Outlook provides…multiple ways to search for your items.…Here, we'll take a look at creating new search folders,…searching for messages, task, contacts, or calendar items,…searching by using Advanced Find, and searching by folder.…First, let's take a look at creating new Search Folders.…The navigation pane contains a Search Folders area…underneath each mail account.…I can expand that Search Folder…to see if there are any existing Search Folders,…and I can use this area to create new Search Folders.…
The idea here is to create folders…that are based on certain criteria.…So anytime I click on the Larger Than 250 kilobytes folder,…Outlook does a search of my mail and provides me…any of the messages that match that criteria.…If you don't already have a For Follow Up folder,…this is a really valuable folder.…So I'll show you how to create this.…You can right click on Search Folders…and choose New Search Folder.…There are all kinds of criteria…that are preset for you here.…You can scroll through and look through these,…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.