To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to modify common screen elements and navigate among the Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, Notes, and Journal modules.
- [Instructor] For the MOS exam, you'll want to have…a good understanding of the Outlook user interface…and the terminology that goes along with it,…because this will help you improve your speed…during the MOS exam.…Here, we'll take a look at the Outlook modules…and common navigation and screen elements.…There are six Outlook modules…that you'll need to know about.…There's Mail, Calendar, People,…or what we used to call Contacts,…Tasks, Notes, and Journal.…You can expect to see exam questions…related to all six modules, although the first four…will be most emphasized.…
When you first launch Outlook, Mail is always…your default view because this is what people work with…primarily in Outlook,…although there are several other modules.…If you're connected to your email server,…new messages will download automatically…and you can always see this in the lower part of the screen.…Outlook's home page includes several elements.…These are important because you may be asked…to modify them during the exam.…At the left side, you see the folder pane.…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.