In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates navigating the Microsoft Outlook user interface. Learn navigate the Outlook Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, Notes, and Journal. Use common navigation and screen elements including the folder pane, message list, reading pane, To-Do bar, navigation bar, status bar, Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar, and Backstage view.. Mastery of these concepts will improve your speed during the exam. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll learn to use…the Outlook user interface.…Specifically, you'll learn to navigate Outlook modules…and use common navigation and screen elements.…Mastery of these concepts is important…because it will improve your speed during the exam.…Outlook has six modules including the following:…Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, Notes,…and Journal.…You can expect to see exam questions…related to all six modules,…although the first five will be most emphasized.…
When you launch Outlook, Mail is the default view…and your inbox is active.…This is a nice starting point since it's where you interact…with incoming email.…If you're connected to your mail server,…new messages will download automatically.…You can always see your status at the bottom of the screen…in the status bar.…Here you can see I'm connected to Microsoft Exchange…and that my folder is up to date.…Outlook's main page includes several screen elements.…These are important because you may be asked to modify them…during the exam.…
Starting from the left-hand side…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups5m 2s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.