In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to apply and manipulate Outlook Program options for Mail, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Journal, and also for general options. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the MOS Outlook 2010 exam.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] In this video, you'll learn…to apply and manipulate Outlook program options.…For the MOS exam, you'll need to know how to…adjust Outlook General options,…adjust Mail options, adjust Calendar options,…adjust Task options,…adjust Notes and Journal options,…and adjust other options.…I've marked each of these with a MOS icon…because you're likely to see questions from each category.…Let's start out just talking a bit about Outlook options.…As a rule, you can change Outlook's appearance…or default behaviors by using…the Outlook Options dialog box.…
You get to all of the Outlook Options…by clicking File, then clicking Options,…and working within this Dialog box.…There are lots of Options and settings…and these are super important…when you're taking the MOS exam.…Down the left-hand side you will notice tabs…starting with General, Mail, Calendar, etc.…As you click through these, and even scroll,…there are lots and lots of options to be aware of.…Just knowing that this is the box…to come to can be helpful…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing the interface, printing and saving information, and searching in Outlook. Next, learn how to manage email messages (including creating, formatting, and organizing messages), create contacts, and manage calendars (including appointments, meetings, and events). Finally, find out how to work with notes, tasks, and journal entries.
Challenge exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Managing the Outlook environment
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting email messages
- Creating Quick Steps
- Cleaning up the inbox
- Managing rules
- Creating contacts and groups
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Create and Format Item Content
4. Manage Email Messages
5. Manage Contacts
✓ Solution: Manage contacts3m 18s
6. Manage Calendar Objects
Manipulate the Calendar pane8m 45s
7. Work with Tasks, Notes, and Journal Entries
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.