To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates sorting messages, adding new local folders, applying categories, flagging received messages, and automating repetitive tasks using Quick Steps.
- [Instructor] For the MOS exam you'll need to know…how to sort messages, add new local folders…and move messages, apply categories,…flag received messages,…sort messages by conversation,…and automate repetitive tasks by using Quick Steps.…We'll start by taking a look at sorting messages.…I'm in the inbox, and you can see I've turned…the reading pane off so that we can see…all of the column headers.…A quick way to sort is just to click on…any of the column headers such as Subject,…and now you can see that these are arranged…alphabetically by subject,…or I can click on From, or I can click on Received.…
Received is always your default…and generally where you want to leave your messages…so that you can see the new messages at the top.…I can sort by size, by flag, by category, by attachment.…Any of these columns are sortable.…I'll go ahead and return to the received column…and note that you can click this column again…to reverse the order,…but I'll go ahead and leave it so my newest messages…are at the top.…You can find advanced sorting options by clicking on View.…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.