In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to organize and manage messages. Learn to mark messages as read or unread, flag messages for follow-up, specify the follow-up action such as call or reply, set a reminder, locate mail in the For Follow Up folder, view flagged mail on the To-Do Bar, mark flagged mail complete, apply categories to mail, create categories, rename categories, sort messages by subject or date, sort mail folders by conversation, add new local folders, move messages between folders, configure junk e-mail settings, add safe senders or block senders, clean up messages, ignore messages or conversations, and set attachment reminder options. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll learn to…organize and manage messages.…We'll take a look at several MOS objectives in this section.…You'll learn to mark messages as read or unread,…flag messages, apply categories,…sort messages and sort by conversations,…add new local folders and move messages between folders,…configure junk email settings,…clean up and ignore messages, and…set attachment reminder options.…Be sure you can quickly find these settings…and options for the MOS exam.…
I know this is another big list of options,…but these are the items that Microsoft expects…within this category for the MOS exam.…So the first MOS objective in this section…is marking messages as read or unread.…Remember that the blue bar indicates…that a message is unread.…The other thing to know is that the numbers in the folder…pane represent how many messages are unread.…I can quickly mark messages as read or unread…by using the right click option.…For example, I'll select Cecilia's message,…right mouse click, and mark as unread.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam