To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates setting calendar item importance, forwarding calendar items, configuring reminders, adding participants, responding to invitations, updating individual or recurring calendar items, s
- [Instructor] For the MOS exam it's important…to know how to organize and manage calendar items.…You'll learn how to update calendar items,…set calendar item importance, configure reminders,…respond to invitations, add participants,…forward calendar items, share meeting notes,…and categorize calendar items.…Let's start with updating calendar items.…I have a conference call on Friday the 6th.…I can update this by double clicking the item…and just changing the date and time.…
I'll set this to start at 2:00 p.m.…and then click Save and Close.…You're other option is that you can drag this calendar item.…I can drag it to later or earlier in the day,…and I can even drag it to a different day.…The second objective is to set calendar item importance.…I'll open the Conference call calendar entry,…and notice on the ribbon…there's a High Importance or Low Importance option.…I'll go ahead and click High Importance for this one…and then click Save and Close.…Our next task is to configure reminders.…
I'll double click the conference call…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.