In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to organize and manage appointments, events, and meetings. Update calendar items, set calendar item importance including high importance. Configure reminders. Respond to meeting invitations, Add participants, forward calendar items. Share meeting notes. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…you'll learn to organize appointments, events and meetings.…Let's take a look at the MOS objectives for this section.…You'll learn to set calendar item importance,…forward calendar items,…configure reminders,…add participants,…respond to invitations,…update calendar items,…and share meeting notes.…The first six of these…I've tagged as important for the MOS Exam.…The 7th item is much less likely to be on the exam.…
The first MOS objective in this section…is Set Calendar Item Importance.…For this, I'll open an appointment,…called Discuss Grand Opening,…and locate the importance icons on the ribbon.…I'll click High Importance…to mark this item as high importance.…Also note, that there's a low importance option.…I'll go ahead and save and close this item.…Nothing displays differently about this item,…but it does enable me to search for important items later.…The next MOS objective in this section…is Updating Calendar Items.…
I'll adjust the date for the Discuss Grand Opening.…I can double-click that item and change the date.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups4m 57s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.