In this video, Jess Stratton shows users how to create folders and subfolders, and organize messages and conversations out of the Inbox.
- [Instructor] You can file your email into subfolders. To create a subfolder, right click on inbox and select new folder. Type in your name and hit the enter key. The folder's been created right below the inbox. If you find that you can't find your folders, you'll need to click the triangle to expand it next to inbox in case it's not like that by default. To move mail into the folder, click and drag and let go when the email is over the folder. Now I can go into the folder and find my email.
I can also create subfolders the same way. I can right click on the folder that I just created. In addition to deleting the folder or renaming it, I also have the option to create a new folder. I'll give Leslie her own subfolder inside TechFest. I'll hold the enter key. And now let's go back to my inbox. I'm going to move multiple messages by Leslie by holding down the shift key and selecting them both. Now I can click and drag both messages to move them at the same time and let go when I'm over the folder.
I do have a feeling I'm going to be using Leslie's TechFest folder pretty often, so I'm going to right click and choose show in favorites. This is going to bring Leslie's folder up here so that I can access it any time I need to. Let's make one more folder within inbox. I'll right click inbox again, choose new folder, and I'll call this one Press. Find an email, and click and drag it inside. Now, within inbox, I have a Press folder and a TechFest folder, and within the TechFest folder, I have a subfolder named Leslie.
There's one more thing I want to show you. I can mute a conversation, that is, place all emails from a certain conversation into a certain folder. I'll go back to my email. If you remember, we had a long conversation here. From the home ribbon tab, I'm going to select move and now we'll choose always move messages in this conversation. I can choose a destination folder by expanding my inbox. However, if none exists, I can click new.
I'll call this one initial meetings. I'll click OK and click OK again. Now, this entire conversation and any future messages that come in will be sent directly to that initial meetings folder.
- Accessing the keyboard shortcuts
- Using @mentions
- Reading and searching mail
- Organizing mail
- Processing messages with mail rules
- Using the new Focused Inbox feature
- Creating and formatting new messages
- Recalling and resending messages
- Creating new contacts
- Working with the calendar
- Creating tasks and notes
- Working with Outlook data