Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating in Outlook, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- Before we jump into Email Management,…I'd like to show you two or three things about Outlook.…First, one of the ways that you can be efficient in Outlook…is not to have to go from one application to another.…So, if you're also using your "Calendar,"…you might consider opening your "Calendar"…in a separate window.…With both windows open then, if you go to a different month…on your "Calendar," say "November,"…you go back to your "Inbox"…and you go back to your "Calendar"…it will reset to "Today" each time.…However, you can also, with two windows open,…use the Task Bar or Alt-Tab to toggle…between the windows, which I'll do right now.…
And when I do that, I can move from the "Calendar"…to the "Mailbox" and back and not lose my focus.…The same thing is true when I'm looking…at a particular folder inside of my Mail applications.…If I want to look, for example, at my "Sent Items"…or at "Drafts," and I go to another folder and come back,…notice that it holds my position.…So, that's the first thing.…The second thing is that the area on the left here,…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.