Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying view settings, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- That view dialogue box provides one-stop shopping…to be able to change anything we want…to about our view all in one place.…So if I go back for example, to this "By Sender" view…I created right here, and then we go in…and we say I'd like to "Manage Views."…This is the current view.…I could also have just come in here and chosen "By Sender."…Works just fine.…And click "Modify."…So this is the advanced view settings for "By Sender."…If we want to filter, this is really the only…place to have a persistent filter, but check it out.…
Here are our columns in order.…So I can add or remove columns right here.…I can decide that I'd like to group this.…So, grouping is on automatically whenever you create a view.…But if you want a specific grouping, you can turn it off.…So it's "By Sender," so it's grouping it by sender.…But if I said, actually I want to group it…before that by the sender's company, for example,…the domain, I could do that instead if I wished.…Sort is based on "From," but I could say…if there's a number of messages from the same person,…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Tagging messages with flags and categories
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Creating a search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Power Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.