Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Marking messages, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- I run into a fair number of users…who utilize the Read or Unread status of a message…to determine whether or not they…will need to take future action on it.…For example, I have a friend who would look at this and say,…"Oh, don't forget to send that checklist."…That's the request.…And to remember to do this,…they would simply mark this as Unread.…And that reminds them that…they're not done with it yet.…I use Unread for a different purpose.…I use Unread when I haven't read a message,…or when I've skimmed it and I know…I'm going to need to read it again.…
I'm in a hurry to go through my email…and this one needs some thinking on my part.…It needs some time.…So I might mark that as Unread…because I really need to read it.…All I've done is skimmed it.…Whenever you want to mark a message as Read or Unread…you have a couple of different ways to do it.…One is on the Home tab,…to simply click "Unread" or "Read"…and it will make it the opposite…of what it is already.…Again, this is a toggle.…The second choice, of course,…is as we discussed in the Reading Pane,…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.