Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing email rules, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- In the previous movie, I created…a rule that was supposed to do three things.…When a message arrived with 'Training'…in its subject it was supposed to…play a sound, show me an alert,…and move that message to the Sales Training folder.…It did two of those things well,…but here's the message, still sitting here…in my inbox, so something was missed.…Let's go take a look.…Let's go to Rules, Manage Rules and Alerts.…Here's our Training rule right here,…and I'm going to take a look at it.…Here's its description.…
It says, when there's training in the subject,…play a sound and display the New Item Alert Window.…But, it's not doing the third thing we need it to do.…We're going to choose Change Rule, edit the rule settings.…The conditions are fine.…It's getting the right messages.…It's the action that's not quite adequate.…I want to choose one more thing,…move it to the specified folder.…Click specified folder, choose Sales Training, and say OK.…I could click Finish, but I'm going to…click Next a couple times, and say please…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.