In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to manage and share calendars. Learn use multiple calendars, view calendars other people have shared with you, create a custom calendar, manage calendar groups to view several calendars at a glance, overlay calendars, display calendars side-by-side, and share calendars and choose the level of detail. View and modify calendar permissions, email a calendar, and delete calendars. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn…to manage and share calendars.…We'll look at a number of MOS objectives in this video.…You'll learn to use multiple calendars,…manage calendar groups,…overlay calendars and share calendars.…Most often when using Outlook,…you'll work with your Calendar.…Notice that My Calendars section at the left,…the Calendar that's displaying always includes a check box.…The one named Calendar is always…your main default calendar for Outlook.…
If you have an Exchange account, you can also view calendars…that other people have shared with you.…I'll scroll down to display this at the left.…Notice that my account displayed Shared Calendars…for Cecilia and Chong.…I can click the check box to display…either of their calendars.…Here I'm displaying Cecilia's calendar.…I'll go ahead and deselect Cecilia's calendar.…Let's look at creating a custom calendar.…A common task might be to create a custom calendar…for your marketing campaigns.…
To start, I'll right click on my Calendar…and choose New Calendar.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam