To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates moving messages between folders, cleaning up messages, marking a message as read or unread, ignoring messages, deleting messages, configuring basic AutoArchive settings, and delegati
- [Instructor] Let's dive into managing messages.…You'll learn how to mark a message as read or unread,…how to ignore messages, delete messages,…clean up messages, configure basic…AutoArchive settings, and delegate access.…You can mark a message as read or unread at any time.…I'll choose this message from Jennifer Dawson…and I'll right click and mark it as unread.…Unread messages always show in bold blue font.…I can take the same message,…right click, and mark it as read.…
Next, we'll take a look at ignoring conversations.…To do this, it's helpful to have…conversation view turned on.…Remember you can do this from the view tab…by checking "show as conversations" as I have here.…There are also conversation settings below…that will determine how your conversations appear.…I'll go ahead and stick with…the default conversation settings.…Let's take a look at this January 17 reschedule conversation…I'll go ahead and click ignore,…and you can see from the pop up…that this would move the current and future messages…in this conversation to deleted items.…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.