To have your email messages read to you, open a message and select the text you wish to hear. You can also save text as a spoken track in iTunes.
- [Instructor] Just as I can speak to enter text on the Mac,…I can also have the Mac speak text back to me.…For example, if I select a section of this email message…from Nick, and right click,…I can Choose Speech, Start Speaking.…- [Computer] I know you've just settled…in your new offices, but I wondered if you might meet…with some of our first-year students.…- [Instructor] And if in the middle of speaking,…I want to stop it, I can.…If you wish, you can actually save this text,…or any other text you've selected,…in iTunes as a spoken track,…and when you do, you'll have access to different voices.…
This is the default voice.…This is Alex, but there are others…and you can check them out.…Simply choose for example, Kanya.…- [Kanya] Isn't it nice to have a computer…- [Instructor] Click play to hear Kanya's voice.…- [Kanya] Talk to you.…And each time you choose play, you're hearing exactly…the same sentence.…- [Fred] Isn't it nice to have a computer…that will talk to you?…- [Instructor] Isn't it nice to have a computer…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.