To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates importing contacts from external sources, sharing contacts, and creating and managing address books.
- [Instructor] For the MOS exam, you'll need to know…how to import and manage contacts.…We'll create and manage address books,…import contacts from external sources,…and share contacts.…Let's talk about creating and managing address books.…Within the People module,…you'll see the My Contacts groups at the left-hand side.…I can see the contacts for Chong…and because I have shared accounts…I can also see contacts for Jennifer and for Cecilia.…These are all address books.…
Outlook has additional address books that can be found…by clicking on the Address Book icon.…I'll click Address Book…from the right-hand side of the ribbon.…I'll click the drop-down arrow under Address Book,…scroll up and notice all of the address books for Chong.…Contacts is the one you maintain by using the People module.…Global Address List is maintained by your IT department…if you're on an Exchange Server.…I'll go ahead and close this window…and we'll talk next about how to create an address book.…
There may be times when you want…to create your own address book…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.