Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Ignoring a conversation, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- One way to reduce the amount of time…you spend reviewing email is to…get less email to begin with.…To remove yourself from conversations…that you no longer need to be a part of.…In this instance one of my colleagues,…Lisa Marlee, asks me if my admin could work with her…on logistics for an event, and I said, "Sure."…So she wrote to Colleen, my administrative assistant,…and copied me, and also copied her boss, Jodean.…Now Colleen's writing back. They're well launched.…I don't need to be part of this conversation any longer.…
So what I can do is I can ignore this.…I select the conversation on the Home tab…in the Delete Group, click Ignore, and I can choose…to suppress this message in the future by turning this off.…If you don't do this often, you might want to be reminded…exactly what it does when you click Ignore,…and I'm going to Ignore the Conversation.…Notice that those messages are now gone.…It's possible that this is most useful in a scenario…where you have colleagues who just…copy everybody on everything.…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.