Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling interface updates, part of Learning Outlook for Mac 2016.
- [Instructor] Depending on when you watch the course and whether or not you're an Office Insider, your Outlook for Mac features and ribbon items may look slightly different than mine. Microsoft pushes updates to users on a staggered basis. So if you don't have a particular feature just yet you may find in a month you suddenly have it. You can also sign up to be and Office Insider to gain early releases of new features. Though you still might have to wait for it to be pushed down to you as an update. You can manually check for updates at any time by clicking Help, Check For Updates.
If you want to be an Office Insider and get early releases of new features, you can sign up by placing a check mark next to Join the Office Insider program, before clicking Check for Updates. It's important to note that being an Office Insider means the early releases may not be as stable as you might need in order to get your work done on a day to day basis. So take that into consideration. However, don't worry if things look a little different on your screen than what you see on mine. I'll be going over all the main features and it won't affect how you'll be learning the software.
- Adding email accounts
- Reading mail
- Organizing mail
- Creating, replying to, and forwarding email
- Creating new contacts and groups
- Creating appointments and meetings
- Adding a signature to email