To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates formatting text, inserting hyperlinks, applying themes and styles, inserting images, and adding a signature to specific messages.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at formatting messages.…For the MOS exam, you'll need to know how to format text,…apply themes and styles, insert hyperlinks,…insert images, and add a signature to specific messages.…Let's start with formatting text.…My task is to open the meeting agenda draft email…and apply formatting.…I'll click on the draft folder,…locate the meeting agenda, and I'll go ahead…and double click to open that email.…I'll click in the body of the email…and you can start to see some of the formatting tools…that are available on the message tab of the ribbon.…
I'd also point out there's a format text tab,…where you'll see even more options…for formatting your messages.…A common task on the MOS exam…might be to change the format of an individual message.…You can do this from the format text tab…by choosing plain text, which you see turns off all…of your formatting options, or rich text, or HTML.…It's good to be able to change these settings…at the message level like we did here,…but remember a previous option under file options…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.