In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to format messages. Learn to format text, set messages to HTML, Rich Text, or Plain text. Apply heading 1 style to text. Add bullets and numbering. Apply double underline formatting. Apply a theme to change message colors, fonts, and effects. Insert hyperlinks to a URL, insert images as attachments or in the body of the message, add a signature to specific messages, format signatures, and create and using Quick Parts to quickly add common text you’d like to reuse. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll learn…to format a message.…We'll look at a range of MOS objectives here.…You'll learn to format text, insert hyperlinks,…apply themes and styles, insert images,…add a signature to specific messages,…format signatures, and create and use Quick Parts.…Be sure you can quickly find these settings and options…for the MOS exam.…Practicing will definitely help you with your speed.…Let's talk about formatting text.…My first task includes opening the Meeting agenda…draft email and applying formatting.…
I'll click on the Drafts folder at the left.…Next, I'll double-click the Meeting agenda email…so that I can see all of the formatting options.…Some of the options are on the Message tab…that we're looking at now,…and some of them are on the Format Text tab.…My first task is to set the message format…for this particular message as HTML.…I'll click the Format Text tab.…Note that this message is currently set to Rich Text.…I'll go ahead and click to apply HTML.…My next instructions say to apply the Heading 1 style…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups5m 2s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.