Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Flagging emails for future action, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- I have an email from Susan Webb…and I've read it twice.…I want to remember to respond to her…but I need to do a little bit of research…because she is asking a question not just about what I know,…but what I can find out about database architects…and the needs for that in my area.…So I'm going to flag this for followup.…One way to do this is to click the drop down arrow here…on the ribbon on the home tab and choose today, tomorrow,…this week, next week, no date, custom and so on.…Also with this message selected,…there is an outline, a shadow of a flag that appears…above the date in this compact view,…and I can click on that or right-click on it…and fire up that same menu that I see earlier.…
I actually want to do this next week,…so I'm going to choose next week,…and it will go on the list and you'll notice…that that flag color is not bright red but actually pink.…When I flag that, three things happened at the same time.…The first thing that happened is,…there's actually a banner placed…in the message that says followup,…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.