In Outlook 2016 for Mac, a flag is an intention to follow up during a specific time period—today, tomorrow, this week, next week, or a custom date. Click on an item's flag, or select the item and click Follow Up on the ribbon.
- [Instructor] I've received this email from Nick…and I need to follow up on this email.…I have a couple of different ways I can flag this email…so that it will automatically be reflected in my to do list,…which is part of the tasks function right here.…You'll notice I have items here already.…To be able to flag something I…can either click the flag right here.…If I do it, note that it says it is…flagged for follow up starting on Sunday.…If I want to change the specifics of this,…I can click and choose that I'd like…to do this tomorrow for example.…
Now it says start on Monday.…Or I'd like to do this next week,…Monday, November 28th and so on.…This is an easy way to note that…I need to follow up on an email.…When I'm done, I can mark it as complete.…If I decide I would rather not follow up on it,…I can clear the flag and if I need extra help,…I can add a reminder so that I am sure…to follow up on this particular email.…There's my reminder right here.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.