In any app, you can find contacts using the Find a Contact box on the ribbon. Double-click a contact to open the contact form, view additional info, and communicate with the contact.
- [Presenter] All of the individual Outlook applications,…from the Inbox to the Calendar,…to Contacts, to Tasks,…are designed to help you optimally work…with other people.…So it's really easy to be able to find Contacts,…and you don't need to go to the People app to do that.…Whether you're looking at the Calendar,…or you're looking at the task list,…or you're looking at email,…all of them have a find a contact box, right here.…When you're looking for someone…simply begin to enter their name,…press enter, and here we go.…
We've seen this box earlier, that we can then,…search names only, or all fields.…We can look in all folders,…and I can double-click…to open up Victor's contact information,…so that I can see his contact, organization,…details, notes, all of that other information about him.…I can email him, create a meeting from here,…lots of different choices.…Finding a contact is easy.…To look at all of your contacts,…click People, to open up the People app,…and you'll see your folks,…you'll see that Victor's actually here a couple of times.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.