On the Home tab of the ribbon, choose a filter from the drop-down list to filter your email. To arrange in compact view, choose a column from the Arrange drop down at the top of the Inbox.
- [Instructor] The best tools we have…for being able to organize and manage our email…are right here, on the ribbon,…and built into the interface for Outlook for the Mac.…For example, if I want to be able to look for messages…based on a particular criteria.…For example, unread messages.…Simply choose unread from the filter email dropdown,…and now the only messages left in my information viewer…are the messages that I still haven't read.…To turn that back off, it's a toggle, just hit it again.…
Now, everybody's back, including this message from Friday,…which had been read.…If I select this message, and I choose to sort,…this is very easy.…It's arrange by, and it's built in right here.…The default arrange by is date received.…Maybe I want to arrange messages by who their from.…Click from,…and now, to be able to see the groups,…click arrange by again and collapse all groups,…and you get an alphabetical list…of everybody who's emailing you.…
That's pretty slick.…So if, for example, I was about to go into a meeting…with Lynn Kaelber, I can click and expand Lynn's messages,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.