Author Megan Hoffman shares a comprehensive list of the learning objectives for the Outlook 2013 MOS exam, describes several concrete ways to prepare for the exam, and offers guidance on the registration process for the exam,
- [Voiceover] Let's discuss how to prepare for the MOS exam.…First of all, what should you study?…You'll want to review the exam objectives.…We have included the MOS exam objectives for Outlook…in your chapter one folder.…Let's look at that document.…The numbers correspond to the videos in the video series.…So for example, starting with chapter two,…you'll have the chance to review videos focusing on…an Overview of Outlook Modules,…Customizing Outlook Settings, and so on.…Please refer back to this document frequently…to be sure that you are comfortable…with all of the objectives for the MOS exam.…
What else should you study?…Watch all the videos and complete the challenge exercises…at the end of each chapter.…We have created challenge exercises that will reinforce…the skills you've learned in each of the videos.…We've also allotted a certain amount of time…for completion of each challenge exercise.…Be sure you can complete the exercise…in that amount of time.…If you're having trouble with the time limit,…you might go back and watch the videos again,…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups5m 2s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.