You can dictate email messages. To dictate when you are not connected to the Internet, enable enhanced dictation. Click where you can type text—for example, in the message body—then press Fn twice to fire up dictation.
- [Instructor] The next feature is a feature of the Mac OS,…and that's the ability to dictate…anywhere that you can type text.…First, you need to set up Dictation…if it's not set up already,…so if you go to Settings,…and System Preferences on the dock,…on your Mac, this app might be Siri,…rather than Dictation & Speech.…You can then choose Dictation & Speech,…and notice that it's already doing a microphone test for me,…which I like.…I can switch microphones if I wish,…it's automatically choosing this one because I'm using it.…
Turn Dictation on,…and then you have a choice…about whether you want to enable Enhanced Dictation.…When I dictate normally, my file is being processed online.…If I enable Enhanced Dictation,…then I can also work with Dictation offline.…I'm going to enable Dictation, Use Enhanced Dictation,…notice that it's preparing to download,…it'll take about a minute to download.…Couple of questions.…What language are you going to dictate in?…If you're only dictating in one language,…your language from your System Preferences…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.