Clutter, a new feature in Outlook 2016 for Mac, processes incoming messages. Messages that you would normally ignore are moved to a Clutter folder. You can enable or disable clutter in Office 365.
- [Narrator] There's a new feature in Outlook 2016…for Mac called Clutter, and if you're not…familiar with it, I'd like you to be.…Because it's a really interesting feature…that's very helpful if you get a lot of messages.…In order to use clutter, you have to be using…Office 365, and your email account needs…to be on an exchange server.…If both of these things are true, you will…likely see a Clutter folder over here on the left hand side.…If you don't have a Clutter folder,…I'll be showing you in a moment how to turn it on.…What Clutter does is it looks through messages,…and it processes them based on your behavior.…
For example, if I routinely disregard the…messages that I receive from Facebook,…then those items will end up in Clutter.…And as I continue working, Clutter will…get better and better at looking at things…that I simply ignore, and say well those…probably then belong over here in Clutter.…It doesn't mean I'll never read them,…they're not being moved to Deleted Items,…and they're not being moved to Junk Mail.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.