To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates customizing reply messages, changing text formats for all outgoing messages, customizing the Navigation pane, configuring reviews, managing multiple accounts, and adding an account.
- [Narrator] Customizing Outlook settings is super important…when taking the MOS exam.…You can expect to see several questions…related to this topic.…You'll want to know how to customize reply messages,…change text formats for all outgoing messages,…customize the navigation pane, add an account,…manage multiple accounts, and configure reviews.…We'll start out by looking at Outlook settings.…As a rule, you can change Outlook's appearance…or default behaviors using the Outlook options dialog box.…
You can get to this by clicking on file,…and then choosing options.…I highly encourage you spend some time…getting used to the options in this box…so you can find them quickly during the MOS exam.…Notice the left hand side is tabbed.…First I'm looking at general options,…and then I can move down to mail, calendar,…groups, people, tasks, et cetera.…All of these are full of different options within Outlook.…We'll take a look at some common options.…From the general tab, it's good to know about the username.…
I can change the username to my name,…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.