In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates customizing Outlook settings and Outlook Options such as including original messages with all reply messages, Change text formats for all outgoing messages, customize the Navigation Pane, block specific addresses, configure views for mail, people, calendar, tasks, and notes. Manage multiple accounts. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…you'll learn to customize Outlook settings.…There are several MOS objectives in this section.…You'll learn to set Outlook options,…include original messages with all reply messages,…change text formats for all outgoing messages,…customize the navigation pane,…block specific addresses,…configure views,…and manage multiple accounts.…Settings are super important when taking the MOS exam.…You can count on seeing several questions…about Outlook settings.…
The first MOS objective in this section is…setting Outlook options.…As a rule, you can change Outlook's appearance…or default behaviors,…using the Outlook options dialog box.…I'll click on File,…then choose Options to display this dialog box.…Note that all of the content is tabbed…down the left hand side here.…I'm currently looking at General Settings,…it's good to keep in mind that…there are several functional settings within here…if you're asked to change something about the calendar…or about the mail,…or about tasks.…
You'd want to go to the appropriate heading…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013 Power Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups5m 2s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.