Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a rule from scratch, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- If you want to simply create a rule…that moves a message, based on who sent the message,…then the easiest way to do that…is to right click and choose rules always move.…But if we want to move a message on any other basis,…or do something different with the message…other than simply move it, then we need to create a rule.…We can start with a message, if we know…that it has some information in it that we want,…because, whenever we create a rule,…Outlook will pull values from the selected message.…So the first thing I want to do…is I want to create a rule to move a collection…of messages that are about creating avatars.…
This is work that Colleen's been doing…so I'm going to choose an avatars message,…and go to rules, create rule.…It's possible that this message would come…from Colleen, but it doesn't need to.…What I'm looking for is a message…that has the word avatar in it somewhere.…It could be in the subject, it could be…in the body, and it may or may not be sent only to me.…So I don't have enough options here,…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.