Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a rule from a message, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
Rules in Outlook are an awful lot like Quick Steps…with one major exception.…With Quick Steps, you're always taking…the initiative and saying, "Use this quick step now…"with this message or this group of messages."…Rules, on the other hand, once you create them,…you turn them on and turn them loose,…and they run in the background.…You won't need to say launch this rule…or move this message because the rules…are running automatically.…As a matter of fact, you can create rules…that run even when Outlook isn't even running,…so in this movie, we're going to take a look…at how we can create rules based on messages,…and then, in the next movie, we'll see how…we can create custom rules.…
Let's see, though, how we would create a real easy…rule based on who a message comes from.…I'd like to be able to take the summaries…that are coming from Yammer, and they say…they're from Connetico.info on Yammer,…and move them to my Yammer Notices.…So I'm going to right click, choose rules,…and say always move messages…from Connetico.info on Yammer.…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.