Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating custom Quick Steps, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- I don't need to be content with this small number…of quick steps that were created for me.…I can create new quick steps.…I can either click create new to open…the dialogue box, or to get a little bit…of a head start, I can click the drop down…and say new quick step and choose the type I want.…So if what I want is a quick step that's going…to forward or going to categorize, I can do that…by starting with one of these…and then adding more actions as I go along.…I'm going to choose a forward to,…and what I want to do is to be able…to quickly manage items that come in…that someone on my team needs to handle,…but that I also want to keep to review later.…
So think of these as informational items,…or hey, it's time to apply a patch to a server,…that kind of thing.…So I'm calling these team news,…and I'm going to forward these to my team,…that's the first item.…So the folks who are going to do this,…these types of things are done by Coleen,…but also right now are being done by Rob Molina.…So I have the two of those folks who are responsible.…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.