In your personal settings, customize the AutoCorrect list. Add your frequent typos to have them automatically corrected. Add abbreviations for long entries.
- My next tip comes to us right out…of the heart of Microsoft Word,…but it's a tip that's great in Outlook because in Outlook,…I'm often making the same errors when I type things,…and I'd like to have them corrected, or the same things…that I'd like to have an abbreviation that I could expand,…and Auto Text is super for that purpose.…Choose Outlook, Preferences,…and in the Personal Settings group,…double click on AutoCorrect to bring up the list…of terms that are being autocorrected right now.…
Notice that as I type, when I type,…for example, "about", with the U and T reversed,…that's automatically corrected for me.…"Accident", if I type an A instead of an E.…Here's our list of common typos, and on the right,…the list of things that are automatically corrected…with general rules, rather than specific words.…Automatically capitalize the first letter…of sentences, the names of days, et cetera.…I want to add to this list, first,…I have a chronic problem typing "San Francisco"…and that's really bad 'cause that's where my new office is.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.