There are three ways to create tasks. You can flag an email message for follow up, flag a person for follow up, or create a new task in the Tasks app. Each of these sources has a unique icon in the Tasks list.
- [Instructor] This is our tasks list.…There are three ways that we can create tasks.…The first is to start with an email message,…and to flag it as I have flagged this message from Nick.…But I also have a couple of other things…I need to follow up on.…I need to follow up on this tech conference with Lynn.…I actually already did this earlier,…so I'm going to mark this as complete.…This particular item.…
And I need to get back with Lynn here.…Think that's it, that's great, okay?…Now, those items have been flagged.…If I go to our tasks list,…here's calling Lynn,…here's the tech conference.…Each and every one of the items…that I just flagged in Email is here,…and there are email icons, the envelope,…that show me how those were created.…Next, let's go to People.…
I can flag people for follow-up,…which is actually pretty cool.…If I need to remember to call Victor,…I can say I'm going to call Victor tomorrow,…flag him for follow-up tomorrow.…Go look at the tasks list, there's Victor.…Now the reason I think it's pretty cool to do this is,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.