An automatic reply rule is a special rule that replies to messages that meet criteria you specify with a message using a template you create. Use automatic replies, for example, when you're responsible for replying to requests for information.
- [Instructor] I'd like to show you…a specific kind of rule that's called an auto reply.…And this is a great rule to use…when you're the person playing catch for incoming request.…For example, I have people who are emailing me…to get on the list…to be able to receive our 2017 catalog.…And rather than…write back to each and everyone of those people,…I'm going to create an auto reply…that will send back a message…when they have asked for a catalog.…
Here's how this works.…We're going to go to Rules,…and we're going to create a new rule for Exchange.…And this is going to be called…whatever you want it to be called,…but I'm going to call my 2017 or Catalog 2017.…That way all my catalog rules will be together.…I don't care who it's from.…What I care is what's in the subject,…and the subject contains the words "2017 catalog".…Now, how will I get that in there?…It depends on what kind of influence I have.…
First, if I ask people,…"Send me an email…"and include '2017 catalog' in the subject."…many people will do that.…Because if I have a really long subject,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.