For periodic tasks, create a recurring task as you would a recurring appointment. While each instance of a recurring appointment or meeting appears on the calendar, a recurring task appears only once. When you mark the task as complete, the task reappears with the next date.
- [Instructor] Just as there are recurring appointments…and recurring meetings,…there recurring tasks and I have one.…It's right here.…It's to submit an expense report.…Notice that it was due on November 21st.…Watch this behavior.…I'm going to mark it as complete…because I just turned my expense report in,…and Save & Close it.…Now if I go back to Tasks and refresh it,…expense report is here but now it's on December 5th.…
The way a recurring task works…is when you mark it off,…it creates it's next instance.…A task list isn't like a calendar.…On a calendar if we have something that we do every week…we see 52 occurrences of it.…But, with a task,…we see one.…And as soon as it's done,…we get another, and another.…Let's see how this works.…Under Recurrence,…the recurrence is to submit expense report…every two weeks on a Monday.…And it ends on the 31st.…
As soon as I get past December 5th…and turn in this expense report and check it off…it will pop up again for December 19th just like that.…So, you set the recurrence here in exactly the same way…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.