Use recurrence to schedule appointments and meetings that repeat. Specify the pattern for the recurrence—for example, the first Monday of each month—and either the number of repeats or the ending date. When you edit a recurring calendar item, you're prompted to either edit the item or the series.
- [Instructor] We saw a recurring appointment…in the last movie,…let's dig a little deeper into a recurrence.…Each morning at 8:30 I have a single instance…of a recurring appointment.…It's my time to process my email,…process any voicemail that's come in overnight,…so that I start the day with all the information…that I need to proceed.…If I double-click on any one of those instances…I can edit just that instance.…If I wish to edit the series I can click Edit Series here…or Go to Series and that is where…the recurrence itself is set up.…
Let's see how that works.…Currently this Occurs every weekday,…started back in May,…it's going to go through the end of the year.…And if I wanted to eliminate the recurrence,…to get rid of it, I would change this to only once.…My other possibilities are Every Monday,…the 23rd of Every Month,…because it started on the 23rd of May,…Every May 23rd, Every Day, or Custom.…Every so often on, choose specific day,…starting, ending, Start time and End time,…and the Duration.…
Now you might wonder…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.