Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a pattern for your month, part of Managing Your Calendar for Peak Productivity.
- [Instructor] Monthly patterns help you simplify…your workflow and scheduling.…There are two types of monthly patterns…that you can create.…Days of the month, and ordinal, or nth days of the week.…Here's an illustration what I mean.…This is my time budget.…It allows me to create a pattern…for my month where I can focus on…some of my most valuable activities.…Two of my most valuable activities…are writing and speaking, which I lump into…content creation, and coaching,…where I'm working one on one with a coaching client.…
You'll notice that on the first and third…Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each month,…I focus on writing and speaking.…You can create the same kind of pattern…in your schedule.…So switching over to your time budget,…I might create a pattern for doing performance reviews.…I know that that's critical to my success,…and so I'm going to set that to occur…on the Wednesdays of the month,…in this case not every Wednesday,…but the first and third Wednesdays of each month.…
So I'll need to create two appointments…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up your calendar
- Adding quick tasks to your calendar
- Scheduling an extended project
- Building in extra time between appointments
- Using a mobile calendar
- Coordinating schedules
- Schedule recurring meetings
- Handling scheduling conflicts
- Creating daily, weekly, and monthly patterns