In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users multiple ways to add and edit contacts, including being able to quickly add multiple contacts from employees who work at the same company.
- [Narrator] Let's create a contact. I'm in the contacts area and I got here by selecting the people hub on the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Now on the top left hand side of the screen I'll click New Contact. It's going to open up a large card and now I can put in as much or as little as I know about that contact. I could fill in the e-mail address field and if I have more then one email address I can use the down arrows and populate it here. I can do the same thing with phone numbers.
(keyboard taps) I can also put in the address and click Map It to pull up a map of the contact's address. I can also click inside the Notes field and add any personal notes about this contact. As I'm typing, a business card appears on the top right hand side. I can even select categorize and add a category to a contact, just like we did with mail messages. I'll also click the Pictures icon to add a picture for the contact, though it's certainly not necessary.
Now that it's created, there's a few things I could do. I can click save and close, which will bring me back to the people hub. I can delete a contact by clicking the Delete button. I can also click Save and New which will save this one and open up a blank contact card for me to create another one. A neat thing is, if I click the down arrow next to Save and New I can choose to create a new contact from the same company. This is going to open up a partially blank contact card. Everything that goes along with that company is still populated, however I can change the details, like the name, phone number and photo.
(keyboard taps) I can double click inside the photo and swap it with a new one. Now I'll click Save and Close. I'll click Save and Close on Leslie, and here are my new two contacts. With the contact selected, I can view it at any time and I can also delete it at any time by right-clicking on it and choosing Delete, all the way down at the bottom. I can also edit the contact by double clicking on it.
I'll close out of this. There's one more way that you can add a contact. I'll go back to my email. With an email open, you can right-click on the name at the top of the message. From here, choose add to outlook contacts. It's going to open up a new contact card. You can fill in as much or as little as you like; add a picture if you want and then click Save and Close.
I'll go back to my contacts and here's Jenny.
- Connecting your email account to Outlook
- Reading mail
- Searching for mail
- Organizing mail with flags, folders, and rules
- Creating and sending new email
- Creating new contacts
- Adding delegates
- Creating meetings and appointments in the Outlook calendar
- Creating tasks
- Backing up Outlook data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/09/2018. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers the simplified ribbon in Office 365.