In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to create email messages and adjust message settings. Create messages, forward messages, delete messages, add message attachments to distribute files, add cc and bcc fields, add voting options to messages to collect votes, reply to all, reply to sender only, and attach outlooks items such as a business card. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…you'll learn to create a message.…We'll cover several of the MOS objectives.…You'll learn to create, forward, and delete messages,…add and remove message attachments,…add Cc and Bcc fields to messages,…add voting options to messages,…and reply to all or reply to senders only.…These options are all important…as you prepare for the MOS exam.…The first MOS objective we'll look at here…is creating, forwarding, and deleting mail.…My first task is to create a message to Cecilia…where I'll Cc Chong…and Bcc Jennifer Dawson.…
I'll start from the Mail module…and click New Email on the ribbon.…There are multiple ways to address messages.…One option is to click the To button.…I'll click on To…and note the various address books…that I have at the right hand side.…In an exam setting,…it's likely that this will start at the Global Address List.…This always refers to the other people…that share your Exchange server.…This list is always managed by IT.…The other option you have within here is Contacts.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups4m 57s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.