To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates creating meetings using the Scheduling Assistant, setting meeting locations using Room Finder, and scheduling resources.
- [Instructor] Creating meetings…is an important part of using Outlook.…For the MOS exam,…we'll set up meetings by using the Scheduling Assistant,…we'll schedule resources,…and we'll set up meeting locations by using Room Finder.…Let's start by creating a meeting.…You'll notice on the Home tab of the ribbon,…there's New Meeting button.…I'll go ahead and click on New Meeting,…and I'll maximize the screen…just so that we can focus on just this screen only.…You can see that this looks like a regular…calendar appointment screen.…
The only difference is that there is a To line…for me to include my recipients.…I'll go ahead and cancel this meeting screen…by pressing escape.…I'd also like to show you…that if you just click on New Appointment,…you can do this from here too…by just clicking on Invite Attendees.…So, either way works.…Let's start by setting the basic details of the meeting.…The subject of this meeting is Budget review,…the location is Board room.…I'll choose a date of January 19th,…and I'll choose a time of nine a.m. to 10 a.m.…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.