In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the MOS Outlook 2010 exam.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] In this video, you'll learn to create…and manage Journal entries.…For the MOS exam, you'll need to know…how to automatically record Outlook items,…automatically record files,…and create and edit Journal entries.…You can see I've tagged each of these…with a MOS icon because they're all…likely to be on the MOS exam.…From Outlook, I'll start by navigating…to the Journal by clicking…the folder list on the navigation pane.…From here, I can choose the Journal.…I'm always prompted with this message.…It says the Journal can automatically track…Microsoft Office documents and e-mail messages…associated with a contact,…but the activities page in a contact…also tracks e-mail messages,…and it does not require the Journal.…
Do you want to turn the Journal on?…I'll go ahead and click Yes to this message,…and then it will start to ask me…what I'd like to automatically record.…The first objective is to automatically…record Outlook items.…This box allows me to specify the types…of items and files I'd like to record.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing the interface, printing and saving information, and searching in Outlook. Next, learn how to manage email messages (including creating, formatting, and organizing messages), create contacts, and manage calendars (including appointments, meetings, and events). Finally, find out how to work with notes, tasks, and journal entries.
Challenge exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Managing the Outlook environment
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting email messages
- Creating Quick Steps
- Cleaning up the inbox
- Managing rules
- Creating contacts and groups
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Create and Format Item Content
4. Manage Email Messages
5. Manage Contacts
✓ Solution: Manage contacts3m 18s
6. Manage Calendar Objects
Manipulate the Calendar pane8m 45s
7. Work with Tasks, Notes, and Journal Entries
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.