In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to create and manage tasks. Create recurring tasks. Delegate tasks to others. Update Task status. Delete tasks. Create a note. Categorize a note. Attach notes to contacts. Create journal entries. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll learn to create…and manage Tasks, Notes, and Journals.…Let's take a look at the MOS objectives in this section.…You'll learn to create and manage Tasks,…update Task status,…create and manage Notes,…attach Notes to Contacts,…and create Journal entries.…These are all likely to be on the MOS exam,…but I would pay special attention to the first four items.…So I'm currently in Outlook looking at the Task module.…
The first MOS objective for this section…is create and manage Tasks.…Tasks allow you to track your own to do list…as well as delegating tasks to others…and tracking their progress.…You might be asked to create a Task,…pick up food for staff meeting…that's due on Friday at 11…and set a reminder for 9 o'clock AM.…I'll click on New Task, enter the Subject,…pick up food for staff meeting.…I'll set the Due Date to Friday,…and I'll set a Reminder for Friday at 11 AM.…
I'll checkbox Reminder.…Friday's already set, so I'll set a time of 11 AM.…Then I'll click Save and Close to save the Task.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups4m 57s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.