In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to create, modify, and delete rules. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the MOS Outlook 2010 exam.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] In this video you'll learn to create…and manage rules.…For the MOS Exam, you need to know how to create rules,…modify rules, and delete rules.…I've tagged each one of these with a MOS icon…because they're all really likely to be on the exam.…So I'm looking at my Outlook Inbox,…and I wanna start by creating some rules.…If you have an exchange account, you can set rules…to process when mail is sent, or when it's received,…but if not you can apply rules to the mail that's…already in your mailbox.…To get started, on the home tab I'll click on the…rules drop down arrow.…
Because I have a message selected that's…from Jennifer Dawson, I could click "always move messages…"from Jennifer Dawson", and choose a folder where I'd…like her future messages to go.…This is one way to create a rule.…More likely for the MOS Exam,…you'll be asked to create a specific rule.…So you'd wanna click on "rules",…and either use the "create rule",…which presents you with some presets…that you can work through,…or you could go under "rules" and choose…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing the interface, printing and saving information, and searching in Outlook. Next, learn how to manage email messages (including creating, formatting, and organizing messages), create contacts, and manage calendars (including appointments, meetings, and events). Finally, find out how to work with notes, tasks, and journal entries.
Challenge exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Managing the Outlook environment
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting email messages
- Creating Quick Steps
- Cleaning up the inbox
- Managing rules
- Creating contacts and groups
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Create and Format Item Content
4. Manage Email Messages
5. Manage Contacts
✓ Solution: Manage contacts3m 18s
6. Manage Calendar Objects
Manipulate the Calendar pane8m 45s
7. Work with Tasks, Notes, and Journal Entries
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.