To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates creating and managing tasks, and creating and organizing notes.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look…at the other modules within Outlook.…We'll learn to create and manage tasks,…create and manage notes,…and create and manage journals.…I've clicked on the Task module…in the navigation pane for Outlook…and here we're looking at my task list.…Remember that the task list has various views.…I've clicked View and I've changed the view…to the active list.…This means I'm only looking at tasks today and forward.…Let's start out by creating a task.…From the Home tab, I can click on New Task…and fill out the task form.…
Here, I'll type in pick up food.…I need this for a staff meeting next Friday,…so I'll choose a due date of next Friday.…It's helpful to set a reminder time,…so I'll set that reminder time next Friday at 9:00 AM.…From here, I'll click Save & Close.…We can see that this has been added to our task list.…I can also add a task from the To Do bar in the Mail module.…I'll click on Mail.…Within the Task section of the To Do bar,…I can click where it says click here to add task.…
Here, I'll type order supplies,…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.