In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to create and manage groups. Create a new contact group with multiple email addresses. Add contacts to existing groups Add notes to a group. Update contacts within groups. Delete groups. Remove group members. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll learn to create…and manage groups within Outlook.…We'll look at several MOS objectives here.…You'll learn to create new contact groups,…add contacts to existing groups,…add notes to a group,…update contacts within groups,…delete groups and delete group members.…Working with contacts is important for the MOS Exam,…so be sure that you're able to work…with all of these options quickly.…So here I am in Outlook, and you can see…that I'm looking at the People Module.…
Contact Groups allow me to send a single email…to a group of email addresses such as my department,…a group of customers or my family.…When you're looking at the People Module,…groups display differently.…Notice that the New Employees Group shows with the word…Group in it rather than individual contact information.…Some of the other views within Outlook…display this differently.…I'll click the Card view, above on the ribbon,…and note that in this view, New Employees…displays with an icon to its right.…
If I double click New Employees,…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Intermediate
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups4m 57s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.