To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates creating new contact groups, adding contacts to existing groups, adding notes to a group, updating contacts within groups, deleting groups, and deleting group members.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look…at creating and managing contact groups.…For the MOS exam, you'll need to know…how to create a new contact group,…add contacts to existing contact groups,…add notes to a contact group, update contacts…within contact groups, delete contact groups,…and delete contact group members.…Let's start out by creating new contact groups.…From the Home tab on the ribbon,…I'll click New Contact Group.…I'll name this group Landon Management,…and then I'm ready to add members.…
There's an Add Members button on the ribbon, and I get…options about where I want to add the members from.…For this, I'll go ahead and choose…From Outlook Contacts, and you can see…that my contacts are displaying.…I'd like to go ahead and add Cecilia to this group.…I'd also like to add Dahlia, and I'll add…Jennifer, and then I'll click OK.…Once I'm done adding members, I can click Save & Close.…Notice the display of groups is different…from individual contacts, you'll notice that…a group contains the group name, and the word group.…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.