In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to create appointments and events, set appointment and event options, and forward appointments. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the MOS Outlook 2010 exam.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] In this video,…you'll learn to create and manage appointments and events.…For the MOS exam, you'll need to know…how to create appointments and events,…set appointment and event options, and forward appointments.…I've tagged each of these with a MOS icon,…because they're all really likely to be on the MOS exam.…Let's start with creating appointments and events.…First of all, I need to click on my calendar…in the lower left-hand corner and start to take a look.…Appointments and events are actually very similar.…These are both items that I can add to my own calendar.…
The difference is that an appointment…takes up part of the day,…whereas an event will block out…my calendar for a full 24 hours.…Something more like a birthday or a vacation.…So, I'll start by creating…an appointment for compliance training.…I'll click New Appointment.…I'll enter a subject of Compliance Training.…For the location, I'll go ahead and put my desk.…This is some self-study that I need to do online.…I'll go ahead and choose a date.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing the interface, printing and saving information, and searching in Outlook. Next, learn how to manage email messages (including creating, formatting, and organizing messages), create contacts, and manage calendars (including appointments, meetings, and events). Finally, find out how to work with notes, tasks, and journal entries.
Challenge exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Managing the Outlook environment
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting email messages
- Creating Quick Steps
- Cleaning up the inbox
- Managing rules
- Creating contacts and groups
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Create and Format Item Content
4. Manage Email Messages
5. Manage Contacts
✓ Solution: Manage contacts3m 18s
6. Manage Calendar Objects
Manipulate the Calendar pane8m 45s
7. Work with Tasks, Notes, and Journal Entries
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.