In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to create, edit, and delete Quick Steps, duplicate Quick Steps, and reset default settings. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the MOS Outlook 2010 exam.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] In this video you'll learn…to create and manage Quick Steps.…For the MOS exam you'll want to create, edit,…and delete Quick Steps, duplicate Quick Steps,…and reset default settings.…Notice I've tagged each one with a MOS icon…because you're likely to see all of these on the MOS exam.…Quick Steps allow you to automate…common tasks within Outlook.…This is a great time saver when you use…a lot of repetitive tasks in Outlook.…Quick Steps allow me to click one button…that performs several steps.…
Let's take a look at the built-in options.…When I'm in mail, on the Home tab,…there's a Quick Steps area.…There are several things that are pre-set there.…For example, if I click the To Manager option,…I am able to choose who my manager is…or even rename this.…I'll leave the name as To Manager,…I'll leave the Forward check box,…and click on To, to choose my manager.…Let's say that Cecelia's my manager.…I'll go ahead and double-click and click OK.…From here I can click Save.…
So I'll go ahead and select this Jennifer Dawson email…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing the interface, printing and saving information, and searching in Outlook. Next, learn how to manage email messages (including creating, formatting, and organizing messages), create contacts, and manage calendars (including appointments, meetings, and events). Finally, find out how to work with notes, tasks, and journal entries.
Challenge exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Managing the Outlook environment
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting email messages
- Creating Quick Steps
- Cleaning up the inbox
- Managing rules
- Creating contacts and groups
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Create and Format Item Content
4. Manage Email Messages
5. Manage Contacts
✓ Solution: Manage contacts3m 18s
6. Manage Calendar Objects
Manipulate the Calendar pane8m 45s
7. Work with Tasks, Notes, and Journal Entries
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.